Job title: Program Coordinator
Department: Academic Initiatives
Reports to: Director of Academic Initiatives
Job-type: Nine Months Temporary Employment
Date effective: March 15 — December 15, 2018
Location: Two days a week in Palo Alto office and three days a week working remotely
AnitaB.org is hiring a Program Coordinator to join our team in Palo Alto on a nine-month contract basis. As a Program Coordinator, you will be an integral member of the Academic Initiatives team and play a support role in the planning and implementation of programs for students, faculty, and universities. The ideal candidate has experience planning, organizing and supervising programs/projects, and providing general administrative support.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the BRAID initiative, including coordinating communications with external partners, planning logistics for the annual BRAID Summit, coordinating communication with the BRAID leadership team, and providing assistance with the application selection process for BRAID Affiliate schools.
- Assist with the planning and execution of student and faculty programs and other academic-related projects leading up to and during the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) this September in Houston, Texas.
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond to email and phone inquiries from students, faculty, and academic staff with professionalism in a timely manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of meetings internally with colleagues on other teams as well as externally with academic partners.
- Compile, review, and edit marketing content (e.g., for email announcements, webpages, signage, and collateral) aimed at students and faculty.
- Support programs onsite at GHC with rehearsals, room set-up, traffic flow, checking in speakers, welcoming VIPs, and creating a positive attendee experience.
- Assist GHC Managers and Program owners with additional projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- A commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice. A demonstrated passion for closing the gender gap in tech
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in individual and small group settings. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Professional demeanor when greeting customers/attendees and assisting with inquiries in person or remotely
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills. Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in computer applications, especially the Microsoft Office suite. Comfortable managing and organizing data, spreadsheets, schedules, and contact lists
- Experience working in higher education a plus
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of event planning, program / project management, or related experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to Employment@AnitaB.org and indicate “Academic Initiatives Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.