The AnitaB.org Business Development Team (BDT) is responsible for recruiting financial and related social capital to fund the mission, strategy, and related activities of our enterprise. A social enterprise, blending the best in nonprofit social change and corporate market impact strategies, the BDT attracts diverse revenue sources for our products, programs, and services, including sponsorships, institutional grants, and individual donations. As social finance innovators, the Team also is attempting to diversify sources of support, including venture funding and perhaps social impact investing as our enterprise rolls out new offerings.
Account Managers are a critical member of the Team, responsible for managing the customer sales and onboarding process experience to ensure the efficiency of the process, as well as client satisfaction. Working with our sponsors, donors, and other funders, Account Managers ensure that purchase of products/services and donations are moved smoothly from the sales process by coordinating tasks, information, data collection, and hand-off to the appropriate team members for fulfillment. Our Account Managers ensure that for fundraising activities, the donor/customer has what they need to move their purchase or donation through the sales process efficiently, building a successful relationship across AnitaB.org. Reporting to the BDT Senior Director, the Account Managers duties are as follows:
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Model the highest standard of professional conduct with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement the sales service goals outlined in the Business Development Executive’s Customer/Donor Success Strategy for their portfolio.
- Support the Senior Director’s effort to efficiently manage the sales workflow by following policies, procedures, and protocols, while also advising on how to improve them.
- When requested, represent the sales team in internal meetings to coordinate and improve the sales and customer service process.
- Manage the sales process from the cultivation to closing and hand-off phases, troubleshooting sales-process related issues to ensure a high quality and compliant customer/donor experience.
- Deliver successful hand off to services fulfillment team based on purchase or donation type.
- Provide information and details to the packages, partnership, sponsorship, membership, and other purchases.
- Manage expectations and engagement of donors related to their purchases (deadlines, dates, policies, and rules, etc.).
- Coordinate and liaison between BDE, events teams, and leadership for problem solving and resolve.
- Communicate custom solutions to the customer or donor based on internal decisions.
- Independent, effective, and clear written, verbal, and in-person communication with customers or donors regarding their sponsorship, membership, and other purchases.
- Keep the Senior Director and Business Development Executives, and other Team members involved in or apprised of account status and activities.
- Participate and facilitate regular structured 1:1 with BDE regarding accounts.
- Responsible for triaging information, answering questions about purchases, and connecting partners, programs, and other stakeholders for the fulfillment and successful donor relations based on purchases related to sponsorships, memberships, partnerships, and other donations with AnitaB.org.
- Effective call management to deliver updates, tasks, conflict resolution, and customer service items.
- Bring BDE to the forefront to lead new sales opportunities from established or new clients or donors.
- Implementation of BDE Customer/Donor Success Plan.
- Research and provide details for purchases.
- Details to events and program participation.
- Guide the customer toward goals BDE sets for every day customer tasks and questions.
- Develop a communications plan/schedule in alignment with Customer/Donor Success Plan and collaborate with other teams to effectively communicate deadlines.
- Research and refine content and best practices for meetings, calls, collateral, and conversations with Partners, Sponsors and Donors.
- Contribute to the refinement of systems and processes to help automate AnitaB.org industry partners.
- Understand and promote all AnitaB.org product families to AnitaB.org partners.
- Be a collaborative team player focused on the goals of the organization as a whole.
- Other tasks as needed for the success of the organization and client success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and nondiscrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution Partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated success prospecting, maintaining, and closing new sponsors.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of technology and the information technology field is required.
- Proven leadership experience in dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, negotiating, diplomatic savvy, and relationship management.
- Professional, versatile, and collaborative with a committed work ethic.
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating the AnitaB.org mission and vision.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced technical degree highly desired.
- Minimum of three to five years proven track record in prior sales or business development.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in key account management with an emphasis on business strategy, conceptual selling, negotiation, and superior customer service required.
- Proficient in technology tools needed for remote work and telecommuting, such as Microsoft Office Suite and various cloud computing applications.
Salary is commensurate with experience. If this job description meets your experience and interests, please send your resume, salary history, compensation plan, and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org with the subject heading “Account Manager.”
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.