The Administrative Assistant provides analytical and specialized administrative support to relieve executive, administrative, and line and staff managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Execute special or continuous research and data analysis tasks. Analyze problems, determine approach, compile and analyze data, and prepare reports/recommendations. Coordinate activities between departments and outside parties. Contact company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive coordination and scheduling of meetings with staff and outside individuals including coordinating calendars ensuring that complete information is available.
- Serves as gatekeeper to keep schedules focused on priority items.
- Reserves conference rooms, order catering if required, sets up conference calls and video calls as needed.
- Reviews and edits documents and uses corporate systems including Zoom, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Office.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding individual and organizational information. Trustworthiness is essential.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Excellent time management skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee issues.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of associates.
- Experience with policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment.
- Flexible; able to adapt to changes in work and priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft products and Google (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G-Mail, Google Drive, Google Calendar).
- Must be proficient in use of technical and web-based solutions such as e-meeting/webinars and general use of internet and social media applications.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or a comparable field.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience supporting executive and senior level management.
- No license/certifications required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pound with reasonable accommodations, if needed.
- Nearly always works indoors.
- May on occasion be exposed to sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment.
If this job description meets your experience and interests, please send your resume, salary history, compensation plan, and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org with the subject heading “Administrative Assistant.”
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.