Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for maintaining and expanding annual financial support for AnitaB.org in the key areas of event sponsorships and individual gifts. The position reports to the Vice President of Business Development and works in close collaboration program, corporate services, and global events leaders. The Business Development Executive will be primarily responsible for AnitaB.org annual event sponsors and the annual AnitaB.org individual giving campaign.
The Business Development Executive should be energetic, collaborative, strategic, and demonstrate a proven track record in meeting assigned goals and managing strong relationships with external supporters. The ideal candidate has the skills and knowledge necessary to secure new business and contribute to the overall sustain AnitaB.org of the organization. The Business Development Executive must demonstrate key skills in account management, sales management/sales systems, and project management.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful sales, business development, or nonprofit development professional that is well-organized, highly motivated, people-oriented, and excited to be part of a growing nonprofit organization, and shares a passion for women and technology.
This is a perfect job for a prior incentivized sales manager who may be looking to do work that is more meaningful and mission-based, while enjoying a flexible work schedule that is based in Palo Alto and includes telecommuting three days a week. Travel is approximately 10-20%, including possible trips to India.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Secure new year-round partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies, emerging growth companies, privately held organizations, and startups.
- Support existing AnitaB.org Partners and securing annual renewals for each Partner.
- Secure event sponsors for the AnitaB.org flagship event, Grace Hopper Celebration, in both the United States and India.
- Work with AnitaB.org tools and systems provided to forecast and close new Partners and sponsors.
- Work closely with the program team to implement business development systems and processes in the overall management of AnitaB.org programs.
- Attend all AnitaB.org events, as needed to promote the mission and supporting existing sponsors and Partners at these events.
- Attend national conferences, local networking events, and represent AnitaB.org professionally to secure new Partners and sponsors for our events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Programs Department, Marketing, and Finance to ensure customer success.
- Work closely with the Partner Success & Engagement team to provide effective partner communications and successful productive engagement.
- Manage work with staff, other AnitaB.org departments and Partner/sponsor organizations to carry out business development activities and meet sales goals.
- Maintain open and accessible communications with your manager and the Executive Leadership team.
- Manage a project or initiative that will facilitate success of business development and/or the organization as a whole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and nondiscrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution Partners and industry subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated success prospecting, maintaining, and closing new sponsors.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of technology and the information technology field is required.
- Proven leadership experience in dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, negotiating, diplomatic savvy, and relationship management.
- Professional, versatile, and collaborative with a committed work ethic.
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating the AnitaB.org mission and vision.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced technical degree highly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven track record in prior sales or business development.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in key account management with an emphasis on business strategy, conceptual selling, negotiation, and superior customer service required.
- Proficient in technology tools needed for remote work and telecommuting, such as Microsoft Office Suite and various cloud computing applications.
Salary is commensurate with experience. If this job description meets your experience and interests, please send your resume, salary history, compensation plan, and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org with the subject heading “Business Development Executive.”
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.