We are seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative liaison officer to coordinate between our Business Development Department, our various Programs, and administrative teams. In this role, you will support the Senior Director, who manages the sales workflow, including interdepartmental processes and relationships coordinating the fundraising and sales process. The successful business development officer will function as the middle person among the multiple departments involved in the sales process, ensuring that relationships are mutually beneficial and advance our revenue generation goals.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of program details and business development process, as well as an understanding of how that impacts the other entities of contact.
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate strategic objectives to the Senior Director of Business Development, wider business development team, and Program leads.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with other internal departments.
- Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of programs as it relates to driving growth in the business and delivering on program success by sponsors and partners.
- Develop and foster relationships with the various program communities, leadership members, team leads, Business Development reps, and Business Development Operations.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationships between business development and other departments.
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about programs to business development and vice versa.
- Proactively resolve sales cycle conflicts across teams and escalate potential issues to appropriate leadership.
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary.
- Although this is a primarily internal role, the position would act as a positive representative of the organization with external stakeholders as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years of experience in a related role
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Detail-oriented and ability to juggle multiple projects and details at once with a high level of accuracy
- Friendly, flexible, adaptable, and highly collaborative individual
- Extremely organized in collecting, distributing, and presenting details to various stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Capability to communicate and negotiate needs of both teams
- Analytically and mathematically minded to help create and analyze reporting as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
If this job description meets your experience and interests, please send your resume, salary history, compensation plan, and cover letter to IreneT@AnitaB.org with the subject heading “Business Development Officer.”
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.