The Finance Business Development Liaison (FBDL) position offers room for growth in a dynamic organization that is expanding its mission globally. The FBDL will collaborate with Business Development and Executive Management for conferences and events, and interact with the organization’s customers, program sponsors, and partners comprised of the major technology companies in Silicon Valley, as well as the most prestigious colleges and universities in the nation. The FBDL attends the organization’s annual Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), which will host approximately 25,000 participants this year from the major technology companies as well as the nation’s leading colleges and universities. The position reports to the Controller.
- Document the sales business process requirements.
- Optimize existing business processes to drive productivity.
- Design business processes for new products and services, including inventory management.
- Manage official attendance records for conferences and events (NetSuite inventory) through collaboration with GHC team, Business Development, and IT; provide regular status reports to internal stakeholders.
- Train business users on implementation of process improvements.
- Document technology needs and effectively communicate requirements and recommendations to IT resources.
- Partner with Business Development, GHC, and Finance on system changes and impact to operations.
- Support Finance during the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Prepare schedules for external auditors and tax professionals.
- Lead or participate in ad hoc projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics
The FBDL should show professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrate commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Have a flexible attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree – accounting or finance strongly preferred.
- The desired candidate will have four or more (4+) years of accounting experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- System and applications experience; NetSuite ERP (including Ecommerce), Microsoft Office (including Visio), and Cvent.
- Experience in designing and implementing process improvements.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Finance Business Development Liaison” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.