Job title: GHC Coordinator
Department: GHC (Grace Hopper Celebration)
Reports to: GHC Manager
Job-type: Six Months Temporary Employment
Date effective: April 17 – October 18, 2018
AnitaB.org is hiring coordinators for the 2018 Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC). The GHC Coordinator is responsible for supporting the GHC Team with the planning and execution of the celebration held in Houston, TX on September 26-28. This position requires experience planning, organizing and supervising programs/projects, and providing general administrative support.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the planning and execution of programs/projects leading up to and during the celebration (GHC 18). Oversee onsite set up, implementations, and wrap up.
- Monitor registration activity, cross-reference attendee and applicant information, and manage electronic files. Data entry and archiving.
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond to email and phone inquiries with professionalism in a timely manner.
- Manage communications and schedules for GHC audiences which may include volunteers, speakers, faculty, award winners, and sponsors.
- Coordinate, track, organize, and process shipments for event supplies, promotional items, and collateral.
- Compile, review, and edit content for email announcements, webpages, signage, and collateral.
- Help programs onsite with rehearsals, room set up, traffic flow, checking in speakers, welcoming VIPs, and creating a positive attendee experience.
- Assist GHC Managers and Program owners as needed.
- If you are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, you may work in the Palo Alto, California office two days per week and remotely three days per week. If you are remote, you may travel to the Palo Alto office occasionally. All staff are expected to travel to Houston, TX for the week of GHC unless specified otherwise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- A commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice. A demonstrated passion for closing the gender gap in tech
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in individual and small group settings. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Professional demeanor when greeting customers/attendees and assisting with inquiries in person or remotely
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills. Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Learns quickly and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in computer applications, especially the Microsoft Office suite. Comfortable managing and organizing data, spreadsheets, schedules, and contact lists
- Experience working with event technology and programs a plus
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Two years of event planning, project management, or related experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Qualified candidates can apply here.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.