We are actively seeking a GHC Systems Analyst/Coordinator to join our team! As a GHC System Analyst/Coordinator, you will be an integral team member of the GHC Content Team, supporting Grace Hopper Celebration, the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
The work environment at AnitaB.org is very fast paced, ever-changing, always innovative, and highly cross functional. The culture at AnitaB.org has a very entrepreneurial feel – feeling more like a high-tech startup than a traditional nonprofit organization.
If you are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, you may work in the Palo Alto, California office two days per week and remotely three days per week. If you are remote, you may travel to the Palo Alto office occasionally. All staff are expected to travel to Orlando, Florida for the week of GHC unless specified otherwise.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of GHC Content, the GHC System Analyst/Coordinator will work on many different aspects of GHC systems, including but not limited to: the GHC Mobile app, badge scanning, and session registration management.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have excellent multi-tasking skills, great communication skills, experience working with and in cross-functional teams, have the ability to be flexible, and must be proactive. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key member of the GHC Content Team in the overall execution of Grace Hopper Celebration. This includes being responsible for projects with a tight deadline or providing backup detailed work.
- Effectively lead or support multiple projects concurrently.
- Administer the Crowd Compass Event Center. This includes gathering requirements from internal stakeholders for mobile app, serving as the central point of contact for mobile app content, and managing internal user acceptance testing.
- Own the badge scanning process. Gather, document, and communicate scanning requirements for all sessions and programs. Partner with OnArrival and event management POCs to ensure scanning is set up for success. Create and maintain change management process for scanning requirements.
- Manage session registration process. Coordinate with space allocation owner(s) to ensure proper capacities are set. Partner with Registration Manager to ensure appropriate registration types have access to register for the right sessions. Create and manage communications related to session pre-registration with program owners. Partner with marketing and program owners to help inform session promotion decisions leading up to the event.
- Support the GHC Content Team in managing more than 800 volunteers, hundreds of sessions, and special events to ensure a smooth and exciting Celebration for our attendees.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments responsible for collectively executing Grace Hopper Celebration, including Business Development, Programs, Marketing, Systems, and Finance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Prior experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong fluency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and innovate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage many external constituents.
- Ability to bring structure to situations that need it.
- Experience with Cvent Event Management tools a plus.
Measures of Success
- Complete documentation for all GHC systems.
- Requirements gathering from key stakeholders and execution against those requirements for each project.
- Meeting deadlines and executing against well thought out project plans.
- Effective team communication resulting in high team morale and increased loyalty to AnitaB.org from the community of volunteers.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Technical BS a plus.
- Two or more years of work experience in a systems, or in an operations role in a cross functional environment.
- Experience managing project execution in a deadline-driven environment.
- Desirable to have experience with system integration.
- A passion for the AnitaB.org mission, and ability to relate to the broader community of women technologists is a must.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “GHC Systems Analyst Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls or hard copy applications, please.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.