The Global Events, Senior Programs Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, execution, and oversight of multiple AnitaB.org events. Must be able to manage a multi-million dollar budgets, and provide exceptional tracking and monitoring working with corporate finance. A creative approach to event program management will be critical to being successful. Candidate should be observant in seeing the big picture while still attending to important details. This person will also be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and execution of Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), the flag ship event for AnitaB.org, as well as Hopperx1 community events, and other regional conferences and meetings.
This is a dynamic opportunity for a seasoned and highly creative professional with proven success in creating, driving, and executing industry-transforming events. This position is hands-on in the day-to-day management and execution of all aspects of events including planning, budgeting, execution, team and vendor management, analysis, and reporting. Ideal candidate must be a passionate individual who loves being a part of a winning team and thrives on making a difference.
This is a Six Months Temporary Employment with possibility for extension or full-time placement.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to manage a comprehensive events program, team, and budget.
- Drive the entire event production strategy and execution for a wide variety of programs and audiences.
- Design and execute a wide scope of marketing events; track and analyze their effectiveness to meeting targets for sales segments, product lines, and corporate initiative goals.
- Drive a cross-functional team to leverage the infrastructure and processes required to successfully execute highly visible events.
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative fast paced environment.
- Monitor, measure, and report event execution and results.
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) which support direct efforts and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Proven leadership and management expertise.
- Passion and experience for managing broad variety of events, including more than 10,000 user or developer conferences.
- Obsessed with results and measuring program results and impact.
- Must thrive on teamwork and overcoming obstacles together.
- Strong project management and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have a sense of humor and play well with others.
- Creative thinker, open to idea exploration with strong problem solving/analytical abilities.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- 10-15 years’ successful global event management experience in a B2B, high-tech, or nonprofit fast-paced environment.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Senior Manager Event Operations” in the subject line. No phone calls or hard copy applications, please.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.