AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to increase inclusion. As the leading advocate for women in tech, AnitaB.org provides key influencers, organizations (including academic and public sector, as well as trade associations), and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding, and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments.
Through creative and compelling communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech communities – be they corporations, academic institutions or government agencies – we can drive awareness of this important issue and effect change.
AnitaB.org is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team. This talented, experienced, and organized marketing professional will ensure our marketing communications materials are compelling and on-brand.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, conceptualizing, and producing visuals – both offline and online – for the entirety of our communications and marketing needs, including: collateral materials, ads, signage, presentations, illustrations/logos, premium items, etc.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marketing team members, internal AnitaB.org stakeholders, and program managers to ensure materials are developed on time, on budget, on brand, and are representative of a leading organization in the tech industry.
AnitaB.org is committed to building a team rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity – all who believe deeply in our mission. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to operate at any level necessary. You can quickly and efficiently develop powerful visuals across the widest print and digital spectrum – all while fostering intradepartmental collaboration, and building trust and understanding with both external and internal partners.
Essential job functions include:
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects based on current workload.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics and social media graphic.
- Great understanding of design, icons and logos, color theory, and photography.
- At ease with working on print and digital mediums.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders’ marketing, copywriting, and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our cultures and goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Development of compelling and actionable printed materials as needed for our external programs and internal communications efforts.
- Build out and maintain our materials archive for often-quick turnaround needs.
- Can work cross-functionally with different departments, especially developers.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Excellent listener.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Open to new ideas; ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and partners.
- Ability to work independently and directly with partners and team members with little day-to-day management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work – both for their own efforts as well as the efforts of their staff – adhering to project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Appreciation of deadlines and review cycles.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer, with at least 2 years’ experience at a mission-based and/or technology company and/or marketing agency.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in fine arts, graphic design, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Excellent and stylish “eye” for design and use cases.
- A strong portfolio of design work, advertising, illustrations, or other graphics.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- Basic understanding of UI elements.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.