A nonprofit social enterprise, AnitaB.org has embarked on an ambitious new strategic to promote gender equity in the technology field by 2025. As a result, we are developing our infrastructure, as well as growing our services, products, and special initiatives to resource our social impact. The Head of Business Development will be responsible for expanding and diversifying our social impact funding, including event sponsorships, corporate partnerships, philanthropy, venture, and other sources of revenue to support organizational and programmatic success. Duties also include managing the sales and sales customer service process. The role will collaborate with the entire Business Development and Partnership Success Team to inform and implement sales and fundraising strategy, provide guidance and sales/fundraising training, motivate staff, and be responsible for the overall performance of the assigned staff. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Partnership Success, the role will be responsible for managing a team of Business Development Executives and Account Managers (approximately eight team members) to meet the revenue goals assigned by the organization.
The Head of Business Development should be energetic, collaborative, strategic, and demonstrate a proven track record in meeting assigned revenue goals and managing strong relationships with internal teams and external supporters. The ideal candidate has the skills, knowledge, and skill set necessary to manage an experienced sales and fundraising team and secure new customers while contributing to the overall sustainability of the organization. The Head of Business Development must demonstrate key skills in account management, sales management/sales systems, and project management. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful sales, business development, and/or nonprofit development professional who is well-organized, highly motivated, people-oriented, and excited to be part of a growing nonprofit organization, while sharing a passion for women in technology. Nonprofit fundraising and global experience are preferred but not required. Must have a demonstrated track record working with social benefit organizations and commitment to our mission.
This is an ideal role for a Sales and Fundraising Leader who is seeking work that is meaningful and mission-based, while enjoying a flexible work schedule that is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and includes telecommuting three days per week. Travel is approximately 10-20%.
- Be a thought partner with the division Vice President to conceptualize and drive new and compelling sales and fundraising strategy, leveraging year-round partnerships, event sponsorships, and other relevant products, with Fortune 1,000 companies, privately held organizations and individuals, nonprofits, academic institutions, and startups, as well as diverse, new sources of revenue, including individual and institutional donors, venture capitalists, and social impact investors.
- Manage and drive all relevant sales and fundraising management projects and initiatives that facilitate the success of business development and the organization.
- Initiate, create, and execute on the forecasted revenue budget for the calendar year, and be accountable for meeting the revenue forecast each month and year.
- Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts, sales, and fundraising activity using NetSuite for maximum efficiency and flexibility.
- Work with AnitaB.org tools and systems to forecast and close new partnerships and sponsorships.
- Attend all AnitaB.org events, as needed, to promote the mission and support existing sponsors and partners at these events.
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships. This includes attending national conferences and local networking events and representing AnitaB.org professionally to optimize revenue and help secure new partners and sponsors for our events and programs.
- Manage eight (8) team members which includes Account Managers and Business Development Executives.
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Marketing, Finance, Programs, and Global Events departments to ensure customer and financial success.
- Provide effective communications and successful productive engagement and alignment with our mission.
- Manage work with staff, other AnitaB.org departments, and partner/sponsor organizations to carry out business development activities and surpass sales goals.
- Maintain high levels of open, accessible, and transparent communications with the Vice President of Business Development and Partnership Success, cross-functional teams, business partners, and the Executive Leadership team, reflecting organizational values of professionalism, diversity, and inclusion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect complete and unwavering professionalism in all internal and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with organization’s values and mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Expert ability to identify and close large, strategic, and long-term deals.
- Proven leadership experience in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong brand, technology, and agency direct relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, negotiating, diplomatic savvy, problem-solving, and relationship management.
- Professional, versatile, and collaborative with a reputation for unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating the mission and vision of AnitaB.org.
- Proficiency in technology tools needed for remote work and telecommuting, such as Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in Netsuite CRM, MS-Sharepoint, Visio, and project management tools.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced technical degree highly desired.
- Minimum 10 years proven track record in prior Sales Management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct experience in major account management with an emphasis on business strategy, conceptual selling, negotiation, and superior customer service is required.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org and indicate “Head of Business Development” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.