The Head of Partnership Success will be responsible for the ongoing management of our Partners, currently a list of 100 Top Companies in leading business and technology sectors. In addition to the management of these Partners, the role includes development, oversight and execution of the new Corporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory and Consultant Services, offered exclusively to our network of Partners. As Head of Partnership Success, the role is a critical leader within the Business Development and Partnership Success team and works cross-collaboratively within the team to ensure that post-sale alliances are impactful for Partners and for those companies who wish to expand their DEI competencies. The role will primarily be an external-facing role to develop and drive partnership strategy, provide guidance, motivate team, and be responsible for the overall performance of the assigned staff. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Partnership Success, the role will be responsible for managing a team to meet the revenue goals assigned by the organization.
The Head of Partnership Success should be energetic, collaborative, strategic, and demonstrate a proven track record in assisting with meeting assigned goals while managing strong relationships with internal teams and external supporters. The ideal candidate has substantial contacts, knowledge and skill set necessary to manage an experienced team of DEI specialists and researchers, and drive pitch process for DEI services to new customers while contributing to the overall sustainability of the organization. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful Partnership and DEI professional who is well-organized, highly motivated, people-oriented, and excited to be part of a growing nonprofit organization, while sharing a passion for women in technology. Partners are multinational companies attempting to advance DEI worldwide. Candidates with global experience able to translate our work in overseas markets are preferred.
This is an ideal role for a Partnership expert and DEI visionary who is seeking work that is meaningful and mission-based, while enjoying a flexible work schedule that is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and includes telecommuting three days per week. Travel is approximately 10-20%.
- Develop and implement a Partner success strategy to achieve maximum Partner engagement in AnitaB.org product families; share strategy with and support Business Development Executives in securing Partners.
- Develop and implement a robust Partner onboarding, management, and renewal process that includes key AnitaB.org staff.
- Design and implement set of Partner analytics to measure impact.
- Assist in reviewing, modifying, enhancing, and creating the AnitaB.org Industry Partner Benefits.
- Research and refine content and best practices for Partner meetings, calls, collateral, and conversations with Partners.
- Work and collaboratively and cross functionally with Legal, Marketing, Finance, Programs, and Guest Events departments to ensure Partnership Success.
- Manage the pitch, development and design process for impactful Corporate Partnership DEI Advisory and Consultative services, products, and curriculum.
- Provide deep subject matter expertise and DEI counsel to problem solve, design, and deliver strategic solutions with Partner companies.
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships including attending national conferences and local networking events, and representing AnitaB.org professionally to optimize revenue and help secure new partners and sponsors for our events and programs.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise across all aspects of DEI and contribute to the development of strategies, policies, and programs for our Corporate DEI Partners.
- Coordinate effective data reporting and dashboard development to enable tracking of key DEI metrics and manage compliance; implement long-term impact models based on current research.
- Attend all AnitaB.org events, as needed, to promote the mission and support existing Partners at these events.
- Maintain high levels of open, accessible and transparent communications with the Vice President of Business Development and Partnership Success, cross-functional teams, business partners, and the Executive Leadership team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics
We expect complete and unwavering professionalism in all internal and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with organization’s values and mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Thrive on change and look to positively impact multinational companies while transforming, aligning and inspiring our DEI Partners.
- Expert ability to identify and close large, strategic and long-term deals.
- Proven leadership experience in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking, influencing, negotiating, diplomatic savvy, problem-solving, and relationship management.
- Professional, versatile, and collaborative with a reputation for unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Dedication and passion for learning and communicating the mission and vision of AnitaB.org.
- Proficiency in technology tools needed for remote work and telecommuting, such as Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in Netsuite CRM, MS-Sharepoint, Visio, and project management tools.
- Understanding of basic data analytics for Partners.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The qualifications below are the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have more than 10 years combined of successful experience in Partnership Development and/or Corporate DEI services or some combination thereof.
- Ability to work independently and manage a set of Partners towards accountability.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, result-oriented, strategic, logical, and methodical thinker.
- Must be able to inspire confidence, trust, and must be flexible and adaptable.
- The ability to research, understand data, and apply for outcomes.
- More than proficient knowledge of NetSuite, SharePoint, and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org and indicate “Head of Partnership Success” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.