AnitaB.org is evolving from a successful event driven organization to a year round service organization, providing all tech women, the institutions that train them, and the entities that fund and employ their talents with the products and services they need to reach intersectional gender and pay parity by 2025. The Innovation team at AnitaB.org is responsible for guiding other departments through — and spearheading for itself — the process of translating organization ideas, best practices, relationships, and stakeholder needs into successful and valuable products.
We are looking for a Product Development professional who is passionate about equity for women in support of our work towards 50/50 by 2025 for women in technology. The Director/Senior Manager of Product Development is a member of the Innovation and Strategy department and is responsible for championing the product and design strategy across AnitaB.org. This role will report to the Head of Innovation. AnitaB.org seeks a strong candidate with proven methodologies and approaches to develop innovative products and services.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Champion the Innovation department, applying product development cycle expertise and product development best-practices around innovation, product management, data, and analytics.
- Building systems and processes to develop a systematic approach to how products are developed within AnitaB.org.
- Creating a diversity philosophy footprint and technical road map and translating it into actionable product development plans; integrating and summarizing technology, financial, and market information; and helping to develop the business case and build new product and package platforms.
- Advance key processes and team discipline that supports concept development, product development, and commercialization. Identify critical paths and resources required, removing roadblocks for the team and organization.
- Provides thought leadership by continuous research, learning of new developments within the innovation domain, and distills technical solutions to implement new products and programs.
- Manage and facilitate pilots and new product start up, working with internal stakeholders, and external partners.
- Define, guide, and implement innovation programs – governance, portfolio mix, and organizational fit.
- Create user-centric designs by considering stakeholder feedback and usability findings.
- Conduct usability studies and put together detailed, structured analysis of issues, and potential solutions.
- Conducts design thinking sessions to understand end user and customer needs to shape product vision and go to market strategy.
- Provide technical leadership and leverage industry trends and emerging new technologies that can provide the organization with innovative products and strategies.
- Communicating strategy developments, providing ongoing updates, prioritizing initiatives, and escalating potential barriers and risk assessment to project team, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and nondiscrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Experience leading cross functional teams and overseeing a wide network of partners, suppliers, and vendors. Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with Management and team members.
- Must have experience closely interacting with customers/advisory groups to help develop and validate product requirements, roadmaps, and incubator programs for new product launches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver compelling communication to engage and motivate others with technical and complicated topics comprehensively to all levels through executives.
- Strong understanding of go-to market strategies and proven ability to influence others and take ownership, leading data-driven analyses and influencing results.
- Demonstrate strategic influence of key internal and external stakeholders to take actions that will advance shared interests and business goals.
- Strong organization and time-management; a can-do attitude, entrepreneurial mindset, and approach to challenge conventions.
- Experience with product strategy and execution with a focus on new product development initiatives, product enhancements, and processes to achieving organizational goals.
- A strong working knowledge of the types of challenges women in technology face.
- Excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work for self and staff. Ability to multi-task with changing priorities.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of product management, product marketing, and/or strategic management consulting experience, demonstrating experience with go-to-market strategy development and execution.
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on technical experience required; experience in product/program development for minority or underrepresented groups.
- Experience developing or managing user experience architecture, design, or similar role.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing documented processes within an enterprise to foster innovation, strategy, and product development.
- Experience in managing multiple projects within cross-functional team environment. Balanced ability to lead creative vision, strategy, team, and operational routines.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong execution, communication, and collaboration skills in virtual environments.
- Must possess intellectual curiosity for new technologies and ideas, and a passion for learning.
The Director/Senior Manager of Product Development will work remotely.
To apply, interested applicants should email their cover letters and resumes to Jobs@AnitaB.org and indicate “Director/Senior Manager, Product Development” in the subject line. No phone calls or hard copy applications, please.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.