FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Part Time
Reports to: Head of Innovation & Strategy
The Membership Engagement Specialist Intern will assist with a variety of member engagement tasks to support our mission and the positive and measurable engagement of the AnitaB.org Members within the membership platform.
You’ll work as part of a team to communicate with our target audiences using our brand voice in a metrics-driven compelling manner. You will create engaging on-brand content, use content management tools to deliver and manage social and digital content, assist with digital event promotion, provide both internal and external customer service, and collect and share reports on audience engagement.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated, up-and-coming marketer with experience and interest in the technology space. This position will help develop and hone crucial marketing skills such as content strategy, content development, copywriting, graphic design, content management, event promotion, customer service, and analytics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support creation and maintenance of the membership content strategy and calendar.
- Source and create interesting, and technology-focused content.
- Post original content and amplify relevant third-party content through social channels and our online membership platform which includes forums, announcements, and calendars.
- Respond to member forum posts, social comments, and direct messages.
- Monitor and report posts and comments that do not align with the AnitaB.org policies.
- Support planning, execution, and analysis of member-only digital and domestic events including Grace Hopper Celebration.
- Respond to member digital and voice messages promptly and coordinate with employee stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist with the development of reports and queries to inform the team and measure how our content strategy impacts member engagement.
- Assist with production of surveys and other online data collection efforts.
- Assist with development and maintenance of membership reporting.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Three (3) years of advanced education (completed at least junior year).
- One (1) year of experience.
- No licenses or certifications needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.We expect professionalism in all interactions with members, employees, and external partners, maintaining the highest standards of honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in alignment with our organization’s mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
The Membership Engagement Specialist Intern should be:
- Someone with demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Positive and optimistic.
- Professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful and creative with a keen interest in the technology industry.
- Collaborative with an inclination to include and encourage others.
- Self-starting and able to work independently or directly with others under minimal supervision.
- Organized and efficient with ability to multi-ask and prioritize tasks.
- Sharp with research and analysis skills.
- Rational with the ability to use data to inform decisions.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pound with reasonable accommodations., if needed.
Nearly always works indoors.
May on occasion be exposed to sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org and indicate “Membership Engagement Specialist Intern” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.