The Membership Engagement Specialist will assist with a variety of member engagement tasks to support our mission and the positive and measurable engagement of the AnitaB.org members within the membership platform.
You will work as part of a team to communicate with our target audiences using our brand voice in a metrics-driven compelling manner. You will create engaging on-brand content, use content management tools to deliver and manage social and digital content, assist with digital event promotion, provide both internal and external customer service, and collect and share reports on audience engagement. This position will also provide organizational and professional support of membership operations.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated, up-and-coming marketer with experience and interest in the technology space. This position will help develop and hone crucial marketing skills such as content strategy, content development, copywriting, graphic design, content management, event promotion, customer service, and analytics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage end-to-end membership campaign needs including planning, targeting, writing copy, developing necessary collateral, alignment with creative, testing and deployment, program reporting, and analysis.
- Conceptualize and executes direct response campaigns across integrated channels including email, direct mail, social, web, and paid media outlets to ensure the acquisition, engagement, and renewal of members.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure thoughtful and accurate KPI measurement. Prepare membership activity reports and makes recommendations to increase membership and strengthen engagement.
- Aid in internal communications regarding programs, product, and procedures, as needed.
- Assist in the research, development, and launching of new membership benefits. Respond to the organization’s initiatives by driving new benefits to meet member needs. Assist in the set-up and maintenance of new membership benefits.
- Monitor vendor/partner performance to ensure compliance with expectations and service level agreements.
- Lead day-to-day financial record keeping of efforts through compliant processing of purchase orders, invoices, and ledger entries.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience, is required.
- At least 5 years’ in previous work experience in marketing, communications, or membership.
- Proven working knowledge and experience with association management systems (AMS), content management systems (CRM), and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, etc.) and essential communications tools (Hootsuite, Marketo, Click Dimensions, WordPress, etc.).
- Project management experience including scheduling, planning, and managing projects to completion is a plus.
- No license or certifications required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification. We expect professionalism in all interactions with members, employees, and external partners, maintaining the highest standards of honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in alignment with our organization’s mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
The Membership Engagement Specialist (Intern) should have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience with developing and cultivating strong partnerships with wide range of disciplines: business strategy, insights, sales, supply chain, along with interfacing with customers, solution partners, and industry subject matter experts.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and creative writing communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to create and maintain project lists and timetables for a large team with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, willingness to think outside the box, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly organized, accurate, thorough, and able to assume diverse responsibilities in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel as requested.
- Resourceful and creative with a keen interest in the technology industry.
- Collaborative with an inclination to include and encourage others.
- Self-starting and able to work independently or directly with others under minimal supervision.
- Organized and efficient with ability to multi-ask and prioritize tasks.
- Sharp with research and analysis skill.
- Rational with the ability to use data in informing decisions.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pound with reasonable accommodations, if needed.
- Nearly always works indoors.
- May on occasion be exposed to sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jobs@AnitaB.org and indicate “Head of Business Development” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.