This role is responsible for supporting the Innovation & Strategy department to facilitate innovative products and services for AnitaB.org, and will report to the Senior Director of Innovation Research. As an innovation analyst you will be familiar with the design thinking process and over time you will have participated in several projects uncovering requirements and conducting user research for deeper understanding. With this knowledge you will be able to reveal insights about solutions and surface new opportunities for innovation. The Product Innovation Analyst will support the delivery of projects around innovation solutions by working closely with project team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead product development ideations.
- Support the team with the development of product research objectives and market research plans needed to build the business case for innovation products and/or services.
- Work with team on qualitative and quantitative research initiatives, including surveys, focus groups, ethnographies, and positioning tests that will inform the positioning and go-to-market planning.
- Assist with new product design, development, innovation roadmaps, and launch strategies by being the voice of research and championing data findings.
- Crafting requirements that do not curb the ability of designers or developers to innovate.
- Support the running of experiments with our design thinking process. This can take the form of using the latest technology to get closer to authentic human behavior.
- Confidently conveying the requirements and insights to a client team that will forge the next stage of a project.
- Supporting the implementation of solutions from conception till initiation by providing information, managing stakeholders, and engaging in all the key business analysis tasks that need to be completed to implement the solution.
- Support facilitation innovation workshops that help stakeholders identify opportunities for innovation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics
The Product Innovation Analyst should show professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrate commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Have strong data analysis skills with a proven ability to connect the dots, generate insights, and make actionable recommendations while presenting the findings in a way that team members can easily understand and leverage in their own functions.
- Have a deep sense of curiosity for supporting women in technology and new insights to inform strategic recommendations.
- Be self-motivated, hardworking, detail-oriented, and results-driven, with sound time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver compelling communication to engage and motivate others with technical and complicated topics comprehensively to all levels through executives.
- Demonstrate strategic influence of key internal & external stakeholders to take actions that will advance shared interests & business goals.
- Have strong organization and time-management, a can-do attitude, entrepreneurial mindset, and an approach to challenge conventions.
- Be an excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work for self and staff. Have the ability to multi-task with changing priorities.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three (3) years in an analytical role; technology or consulting industries desired.
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint including the ability to build own able models, dashboards, and tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to be agile and work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment with a variety of personalities, challenges, and ambiguity.
- Have effective project and time management skills and collaboration skills in virtual environments.
Location: Chicago, Washington, DC, or Bay Area
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Product Innovation Analyst” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.