AnitaB.org is looking for a talented temporary Conference Signage Manager to join our team through the end of March 2019. This person will be responsible for managing the entire signage process from start to finish and implementing production and logistics in advance of our annual Grace Hopper Celebration as well as onsite in Houston.
AnitaB.org is committed to building a team rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply, and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
- Assist with the planning and execution of signage projects leading up to and during the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 18). Oversee onsite set up, implementation, and wrap up.
- Work with teams on collecting, ordering, approving, and printing signage.
- Oversee work flow between event agency, logistics, content, and marketing teams.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders. Respond to email and phone inquiries with professionalism in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, track, organize, and process signage orders within budget.
- Compile, review, and edit signage content, format, and design.
- Assist GHC Managers and Program owners with signage needs.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ work experience
- Two years of signage, event planning, project management, or related experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience listed above
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- People-person who stays cool under pressure
- Great sense of effective workflow and proper task allocation
- Self-motivated to ensure all daily functions are reviewed and completed
This position is a temporary full-time position with standard hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Working remotely Monday, Wednesday, and Friday may be an option. Overtime may be required.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Employment@AnitaB.org and indicate “Project Manager, GHC Signage” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.