As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to increase inclusion. As the leading advocate for women in tech, AnitaB.org provides key influencers, organizations (including academic and public sector, as well as trade associations), and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding, and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments.
Through creative and compelling communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech communities – be they corporations, academic institutions, or government agencies – we can drive awareness of this important issue and effect change.
AnitaB.org is looking for a talented Senior Editorial Manager to join our team. This master storyteller and precise editor will own the content creation and editorial responsibilities across all AnitaB.org communications, and provide copywriting and editorial oversight for press materials, executive speeches, case studies, reports, collateral, and blogs. They will also help us communicate our messaging internally.
The Senior Editorial Manager will report to the Head of Marketing, and will work closely with internal AnitaB.org stakeholders and program managers to meet mission, marketing, brand, and business objectives.
AnitaB.org is committed to building a team rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity – all who believe deeply in our mission. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to operate at any level necessary. You can develop a creative brief, build trust and understanding with both external and internal partners, listen and understand before taking action, work collaboratively, and have exceptional writing, editing, presentation, and story-telling skills.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the primary writer for thought leadership pieces including program value messaging, articles, and executive speeches.
- Manage our PR relationship and editorial calendar.
- Edit content for the AnitaB.org website, email, and program collateral.
- Edit community content and blogs.
- Identify and build relationships with external content contributors.
- Further develop the AnitaB.org voice on issues of importance to our audiences and stakeholders.
- Monitor the editorial landscape to stay abreast of trends, conversations, and best practices in our area of impact. Find opportunities for us to lend our unique voice and experience to aligned movements.
- Identify opportunities for content improvements, additions, and innovations, and successfully pitch those ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Work with members of the Marketing team and other AnitaB.org teams to ensure messaging consistency across our channels and to increase the urgency of our mission within our growing community base.
Key accountabilities for the role:
- Secure media hits that support our movement and spur action.
- Help us maintain a consistent, powerful voice across all channels.
- Leverage our thoughtleaders with impactful media opportunities and stories.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- At least five (5) years experience as a journalist, editor, speechwriter, and/or content marketer for a mission-based organization covering topics including technology, women’s issues, and/or diversity and intersectionality.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field.
- Excellence in writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to message impact and tell motivating “call-to-action” stories.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Able to use data to inform decisions.
- Team player; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with individuals from other departments; ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and directly with partners and team members with little day-to-day management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to MichelleW@AnitaB.org and indicate “Senior Editorial Manager” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.