Job Title: Senior Help Desk Technician
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Manager, Technology Implementation
Date Effective: June 1, 2018
The Senior Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing software and hardware services and support for both local and remote users.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of issues with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365, Symantec Anti-virus, Backup Software, etc.
- Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, printers, multifunction devices, scanners, and other various hardware technologies.
- Perform new user workstation installations, configurations, upgrades, and basic repairs.
- Create and update IT support tickets per team standard operating procedures.
- Provide support for email, hosted applications, desktop, system, and network problems.
- Walk end users through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems.
- Self-identify areas of improvement related to process and technology.
- Assist with the generation and maintenance of IT solution requirements and documentation.
- Adhere to business casual dress code at all times.
- Provide support to on-site and remote employees with technical problems and technology issues.
- Act as an escalation point for frontline Help Desk Technicians.
- Keep staff informed of progress, changes and solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of users to appropriate support teams.
- Maintain inventory requirements for all end user devices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Flexible attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage time on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for end user interaction and ticket documentation.
- A commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice. A demonstrated passion for closing the gender gap in tech.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in individual and small group settings. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external users at all levels.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The qualifications below are the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ITIL, CompTIA A+, Network+, CCNA, or equivalent (valued but not required).
- Minimum of five years of experience in a technical support, helpdesk, network support position.
- A technology focused degree (valued but not required).
- Experience in supporting remote users.
- Experience with Apple, Microsoft, and Android devices.
- Experience with a help desk ticketing system, such as Spiceworks.
- The ability to physically move between three separated campus buildings.
- The ability to successfully work within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- The ability to work with and lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Routine and occasional travel requires driving and sitting in a vehicle for moderate periods of time.
- Walking or standing within office area is routinely required; bending, kneeling, and stretching may be required for the operation of equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally push or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, color vision.
- Job duties are performed in an office and home office using standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, scanner, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to MichelleW@AnitaB.org and indicate “Senior Help Desk Technician” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.