AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, it is essential to expand communications concerning the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to increase inclusion. As the leading advocate for women in tech, AnitaB.org provides key influencers, organizations (including academic and public sector, as well as trade associations), and individual women technologists with insight about the challenges that women face in technical careers, why this matters, the stories of women who are succeeding, and the solutions necessary to build inclusive work environments.
Through creative and compelling communications to key influencers, the press, and stakeholders in the broader tech communities – be they corporations, academic institutions, or government agencies – we can drive awareness of this important issue and effect change.
AnitaB.org is looking for a talented Senior Manager of Marketing Communications to join our team. This insightful, experienced, and organized marketing professional will own the external and internal marketing communications responsibilities for AnitaB.org. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing our marketing and communication strategy including collateral materials, events, branding internal communications (including marketing & messaging onboarding for all staff) – all to increase the public’s understanding of, engagement with, and financial support for AnitaB.org.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Communications will report to the Head of Marketing, and will work closely with internal AnitaB.org stakeholders and program managers to meet mission, marketing, brand, and business objectives.
AnitaB.org is committed to building a team rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity – all who believe deeply in our mission. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to operate at any level necessary. You can develop project campaign charters to foster intradepartmental collaboration, build trust and understanding with both external and internal partners, listen and understand before taking action, and have exceptional communication, presentation, and project management skills.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and implement a year-round communication/marketing plan that utilizes multiple channels, key messages, and effective marketing strategies. Manages the production of clear, effective communication pieces (e.g. videos, annual reports, event materials, flyers, invitations, ads, posters, etc.) that support our mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Work closely with all staff members to ensure program materials meet brand guidelines and convey the appropriate messages.
- Work closely with all staff members on the development of individual program or event materials.
- Manage our websites, including any development upgrades or improvements.
- Work with our partners and partner agencies to ensure that all materials meet brand guidelines.
- Ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner and that our stakeholders are up-to-seed on progress and are also meeting their agreed-upon responsibilities.
- Ensure that the team is using marketing technologies appropriately, manage our project management tool, and be the liaison to the IT staff for technologies that are impacted and used by Marketing.
- Manage our marketing efforts as they relate to any AnitaB.org events or partner events requiring support from our marketing.
- Ensure that we are best leveraging our entire staff for the full range of events and partner groups.
- Help produce and present staff training for marketing best practices and positioning.
- Work closely with the CMO to ensure Marketing is meeting its organizational KPIs and SMART goals.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- External marketing: Manage the Marketing calendar and related Marketing team members – keeping our communications on brand, on budget, and on time.
- Internal marketing: Keep our organization and our board up-to-date regarding organizational news and success, as well as on brand/message.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect ,and non-discrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- At least 7-years experience as a Marketing Manager, with at least 3-years experience at a mission-based (DEI a plus) and/or technology company.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field; MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Excellence in presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding marketing technologies, both for external marketing and internal project management.
- Excellent communicator and organizer.
- Proven team manager skills.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Able to use data to inform decisions.
- Team player; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with individuals from other departments; ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and directly with partners and team members with little day-to-day management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work – both for their own efforts as well as the efforts of their staff – adhering to project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Senior Manager, Marketing Communications” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.