We are looking for a Senior Manager of Analytics who is passionate about equity for women in support of our work towards 50/50 by 2025 for women in technology. The successful candidate will be a social scientist able to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into organizational decisions. This fulltime position reports to the Vice President of Programs. Employee must be located in USA; position will require monthly travel to various events and organizational meetings as well as some global travel.
The Programs team at AnitaB.org works as the branch of the organization that directly serves individual women in technology. The team supports individual women through the Communities and Systers team at the local community level; the Academics team supports students and faculty; the Awards and Scholarships team sponsors women to attend the annual Grace Hopper Celebration as well as rewards women for their individual contributions to the technology field; and the Organizational Transformation team supports diversity, equity, and inclusion work org-wide as well as technology executives programming and allies of women in technology.
The team also supports research around best practices for women in technology through the Top Companies for Women Technologists program and impact report produced by the Analytics team. As the organization moves towards a 365-day approach to supporting women in an effort to reach a goal of 50/50 representation of women in tech by 2025, the work of Analytics will grow to support the broader work of research, analytics, measurement, and evaluation to ensure that our programmatic work is research-based.
The Senior Manager of Analytics will drive the work of building out a research strategy with the systems and structures needed to ensure that sound research is a core part of the daily work of AnitaB.org. Together with the Vice President of Programs, the Senior Manager of Analytics will grow the Analytics team such that it is a robust division that supports research, analytics, and product development in conjunction with teams across the organization. This includes using mixed methods to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data that answers product development, program services, policy, and evaluation research questions. The position will synthesize and report research data to advance our mission of promoting a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it.
Essential job functions include:
- Research design and project management.
- Monitor and report on other industry statistics.
- Identify and maintain analytical information on other industry-wide statistics, including public data releases and government statistics.
- Interpret data and analyze results using multiple research techniques and data sources.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Support and manage the Top Companies Program.
- Develop Top Companies program, including:
- Program strategy, goals, and impact measures.
- Program extensions, including Ultimate Software and other alliance relationships.
- Implement Top Companies program, including:
- Manage all submissions, data validation, scoring, and reporting.
- Ensure statistical methodology is applied correctly.
- Develop and manage costs to budget.
- Support Business Development on Top Companies program revenue generation and Partner participation.
- Support development and delivery of key Top Companies messaging in collaboration with Marketing.
- Identify Top Companies systems and infrastructure needs and collaborate with Systems and IT to implement:
- Data store for data submitted for annual Top Companies initiative.
- Front-end for submission and back-end for reporting and data visualization.
- Develop Top Companies program, including:
- Reimagine and redesign the existing Workplace Experience Survey which currently is part of the Top Companies structure to be a Women’s Equity Survey, including both Top Companies employees and AnitaB.org individual women clients for their perspective on corporate DEI performance and AnitaB.org service outcomes.
- This project will be completed with the assistance of AnitaB.org Evaluation and Research Taskforce and consultants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics
We expect professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and nondiscrimination in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women’s diversity, equity, and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment and success promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including leading and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Social science training and mastery of both qualitative and qualitative research techniques.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Excellent project management and evidence-based decision-making skills.
- Strong sense of creativity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of DEI and equity based best practices for individuals, community, and corporate culture improvement.
- A history of developing and translating ideas, theoretical frameworks, rubrics, and research into practice.
- Monitoring and evaluation/research experience.
- Capacity to translate data into impact reports that are easily understood by non-technical readers.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and programming frameworks.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills to present research findings in practical, user-friendly terms for diverse cross-sector stakeholders.
- Experience working in a start-up with a high tolerance for change and flexibility as the organizational structure and reporting relationships evolve to advance our 50/50 by 2025 strategy.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in a Social Science (Economics, Sociology, etc.), Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics or related field, plus 5 years’ experience.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to JoannGa@AnitaB.org and indicate “Senior Manager of Analytics” in the subject line.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.