Ready to create your Student of Vision video? Read these guidelines first:
- Individuals or pairs may submit. In the case of pair submissions, a single individual must act as the contact and both will receive the award. Award Recipients: Limited to two people.
- Limit of one submission per individual or pair.
- All submitting participants must be 18 years or older on May 5, 2016.
- Participants submitting may be from any nation and attending an academic institution in
- All submitting participants must be currently enrolled in an academic institution, including postdoctoral candidates.
- You must submit a YouTube URL or a low resolution version of your video in MP4, MPG, MOV, or AVI format. The winner will be required to provide a HD ProRes Video with 16×9 aspect ratio so the video should be shot in that format.
- Videos must be either scientific (demonstrating technology innovation aspects) or showcase educational efforts (broadening the participation of women).
- Videos can be enhanced by audio, animations or annotations, if necessary. Videos may be created with a wide range of formats including but not limited to live action, animation and PowerPoint.
- Videos can be presented in a fun, artistic, surprising or unusual way.
- Include only original work, appropriately attributed Creative Commons materials and
- All video submissions must be 1-3 minutes each. Anything outside of this range will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be in English and use English voice over and/or written text if included as elements of the submission. All non-English language videos must be sub-titled in English. Videos should be formatted to accommodate close-captioning.
- All submissions are submitted on the basis that they may be used by AnitaB.org for promotional purposes in any form.
- Videos can be uploaded between October 12 and January 11, 2016. New Extension: Video submissions for 2016 will be open until January 11, 2016,
- Participants will be required to provide a HD ProRes Video with 16×9 aspect ratio. Other types of file will not be considered for the award.
- Your personal information (name, location, etc.)
- One horizontal high resolution photograph of you
- At least two letters of reference (one of them coming from one of your professors) in PDF format
- Your resume/CV
- Title of Video Submission
- Description of Video Submission (Maximum 800 words)
- The 2016 Student of Vision ABIE Award will be presented to the student chosen by the Selection Committee, composed of past award winners and finalists, and other AnitaB.org community members.
- The Selection committee’s decision will be final, and no discussion will be entertained.
- The award winner will be announced late February or early March 2016.
- AnitaB.org will bring the honoree to WOV.
- AnitaB.org will award one (or two in case of a pair submission) GHC Scholarship and a
$1,000 USD cash prize.
- Payment will be made to the winning individual and may not be divided among multiple contributors.
- The prize will be awarded at WOV, and a written letter for the GHC scholarship will be handed over to the person submitting the winning entry.
- A student who has won the award is not eligible to win again for a period of two years.