Student of Vision
Nominations for 2021 are Now Open.
*This award is open to undergraduate and graduate students.*
The Student of Vision Abie Award recognizes and celebrates an undergraduate or graduate student who has a unique vision of how technology innovation can solve important problems, and how inspiring more women in technology enables meaningful innovation.
The Student of Vision is passionate about impactful technologies or inspires others to help build them. At AnitaB.org, we believe technology innovation powers the global economy, and that women are crucial to building technology the world needs.
What’s your perspective? We seek productions that bring to life your vision and pose unique, thought-provoking ideas. Create a 1-3 minute original and creative video. The video should help viewers understand what your vision is for the future of students like you.
All submitting participants must be 18 years or older by September 29, 2020. Undergraduate or graduate students may self-nominate for the Student of Vision Abie Award.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on the main stage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize of $15,000.
Be sure to check out these tips on submitting a successful video.
Each submission will be judged by the selection committee on:
- The extent to which the video inspires, teaches, or demonstrates the candidate’s vision in a memorable way.
- How well the candidate showcases the potential of technology.
You will need to submit:
- At least two letters of reference, one of which is from one of your professors
- Recommenders should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which the endorser can attest to and place in context.
- Your biography (maximum of 500 words)
- CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high resolution photograph of yourself (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- Description of your video submission (maximum of 800 words)
- Low-resolution video. Please provide a URL or upload a low resolution version of your video in MP4, MPG, MOV, or AVI format. Selected finalists must provide a HD ProRes Video with a 16 x 9 aspect ratio.