Applications for 2019 are closed.
BRAID Affiliates work toward implementing some or all of the BRAID commitments to increase diversity in their CS departments. Affiliates are not guaranteed funding through the initiative. Starting in 2019, Affiliate Schools will be able to apply for small grants to support on-campus efforts that act on the four commitments.
Benefits of Being a BRAID Affiliate
BRAID Affiliates receive access to:
- Direct support for campus activities that fulfill the four BRAID commitments.
- A community of Computer Science department chairs with a proven dedication to increasing participation by and success of students from underrepresented groups in their departments.
- Leading technology companies with an interest in sharing their training and career opportunities with talent from BRAID initiative participants.
- The BRAID Resume Database for students seeking internships and employment.
- Best practices and current research understandings from the UCLA BRAID Research team and broadening participation in computer science experts.
- The annual BRAID Summit at Harvey Mudd College: July 11-13, 2019.
- Invite-only events at Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando FL: October 2-4, 2019.
- Department chairs must be the main liaison for the BRAID initiative.
- Department Chairs must attend the annual BRAID Summit on July 11-13, 2019 at Harvey Mudd College.
- Lodging and meals are covered by the BRAID initiative.
- Only Computer Science Departments at accredited institutions, granting CS degrees are eligible.
- 2-year degree granting institutions are eligible, provided they offer a description of their CS/IT program.
- CS Departments must graduate at least 20 students per year on average.
- For-profit institutions are not eligible to apply.