6 months before the event:
- Set a date for the conference that doesn’t conflict with holidays.
- Develop a realistic budget for the conference.
- Find a venue
- Decide on a theme for the conference.
- Determine a registration fee.
- Start publicizing the conference.
- Negotiate contracts
- Establish sponsorship level and benefits
5 months before the event:
- Outline all presenter AV needs
- Prepare a conference registration
- Determine room set-ups
- Confirm audio visual requirements.
- Secure other conference service vendors, if any.
- Confirm the printed materials to hand out to conference participants.
- Submit updates to website with conference information and registration link