The day before the event:
- Make sure that all materials and supplies have arrived.
- Set up an area to assemble conference packets, if necessary.
- Meet with everyone responsible for the various aspects of the conference to be sure that everyone knows what they are responsible for and when they need to do their jobs.
- Place signage
Early the day of the conference:
- Go to the conference site and confirm that everything is as you requested.
- Set up the registration area and have a meeting with the people who will be doing registration so that they all know what is expected of them.
- Make sure that the main general session room is set up: The decorations are in place, there are enough chairs, the microphones work, the lighting and temperature are good, and there are water and glasses available for the speakers.
During the conference:
- Assign committee members to trouble-shoot any problems that may arise.
- Greet speakers when they arrive and answer any last-minute questions they may have.
- Make sure that workshop rooms are set up properly, AV equipment is in place, and materials have been delivered.
After the conference:
- Make sure all rented equipment is returned.
- Review bills for accuracy.
- Write thank-you letters to speakers, workshop leaders, and everyone else who helped with the conference.
- Send evaluation to participants. Conduct a de-brief meeting and take notes on what worked and what you would do differently next time.