Top Companies for Women Technologists is a national program from AnitaB.org that recognizes companies committed to building workplaces where women technologists can thrive. Top Companies is the only program that provides a consistent benchmark of the technical workforce across a wide range of industries.
Top Companies uses a rigorous methodology to analyze data from participating organizations and produce insights across three key areas: representation, workplace experiences, and programs and policies. In 2018, 80 organizations participated in Top Companies, representing more than 628,000 technologists across industry verticals including hardware and software, business services, consulting, financial services, insurance, media, research, and retail.
Steps to Complete your Submission
- Identify the primary and additional contacts for your organization.
- Map your organization’s job codes to the AnitaB.org definition of technical roles and career levels.
- Complete payment for participation. Note: There’s no additional fee for AnitaB.org Partners.
- Gather your organization’s data for the current year (April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019). Prior year data (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018) has been pre-populated for existing Top Companies participants and is not required for new participants.
- You can use this template to assist you in preparing your data.
- Register for Top Companies beginning April 16, 2019.
- Enter your company’s data into the online submission portal.
- Submissions are open April 16 through May 24, 2019.
- Review your submission data with your Executive Sponsor.
- Finalize your submission before May 24, 2019.
Optional: Women’s Equity Survey
While representation data is the foundation of this program, inclusive cultures are critical to keeping women at your organization and in the technical field. That is why we have expanded the program to include a Women’s Equity Survey as part of the Premium Package. In prior years, AnitaB.org sought to understand the experience of technologists through the Workplace Experience Survey, which was distributed through participating companies to randomly selected technical men and women. This year, the survey will be called the Women’s Equity Survey, and again will directly examine the attitudes, beliefs, and perceptions of both men and women technologists. However, this year, we have made it easier than ever for companies to participate. Rather than the stratified sampling of past years, we will survey all of the technical workforce of companies that choose to participate. Participation is optional and open to AnitaB.org Partners and to all non-partners who selected the Premium Package.
We will be in touch with all Top Company Participants in the coming months with more details about participating in the Women’s Equity Survey.
Resources & Support
If you have questions while working on your submission, we encourage you to review our Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a link to a pre-recorded webinar describing an overview of the Top Companies for Women Technologists program.
You can contact the Analytic Programs team at TopCompanies@AnitaB.org.