Top Companies for Women Technologists is a national program from AnitaB.org that recognizes companies committed to building workplaces where women technologists can thrive. Top Companies is the only program that provides a consistent benchmark of the technical workforce across a wide range of industries.
Top Companies uses a rigorous methodology to analyze data from participating organizations and produce insights across three key areas: representation, workplace experiences, and programs and policies. In 2018, 80 organizations participated in Top Companies, representing more than 628,000 technologists across industry verticals including hardware and software, business services, consulting, financial services, insurance, media, research, and retail.
Steps to Complete your Submission
Deadline for submissions has been extended to June 7, 2019.
- Identify the primary and additional contacts for your organization.
- Map your organization’s job codes to the AnitaB.org definition of technical roles and career levels.
- Complete payment for participation. Note: There’s no additional fee for AnitaB.org Partners.
- Gather your organization’s data for the current year (April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019). Prior year data (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018) has been pre-populated for existing Top Companies participants and is not required for new participants.
- You can use this template to assist you in preparing your data.
- Register for Top Companies beginning April 16, 2019.
- Enter your company’s data into the online submission portal.
- Submissions are open April 16 through May 24, 2019.
- Review your submission data with your Executive Sponsor.
- Finalize your submission before June 7, 2019.
Optional: Workplace Equity Survey
While representation data is the foundation of the Top Companies program, inclusive cultures are critical to keeping women at your organization and in the technical field. With the Workplace Equity Survey, you can move beyond the numbers and listen to women’s voices to better support meaningful technology careers for all.
In prior years, we at AnitaB.org sought to understand the experiences of technologists through the Workplace Experience Survey, which was distributed through participating companies to randomly selected technical men and women. This year, the survey will be called the Workplace Equity Survey, and again will directly examine the attitudes, beliefs, and perceptions of both men and women. However, we have made it easier than ever for companies to participate this year. Rather than the stratified sampling of past years, we will survey all the technical and non-technical workforce of companies that choose to participate. Participation is optional and is open to all 2019 Top Companies participants.
The Workplace Equity Survey will open on June 20, 2019 and will close on July 19, 2019.
Resources & Support
If you have questions while working on your submission, we encourage you to review our Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a link to a pre-recorded webinar describing an overview of the Top Companies for Women Technologists program.
You can contact the Analytic Programs team at TopCompanies@AnitaB.org.