Top Companies for Women Technologists is a national program from AnitaB.org that recognizes companies committed to building workplaces where women technologists can thrive. Top Companies is the only program that provides a consistent benchmark of the technical workforce across a wide range of industries.
Top Companies uses a rigorous methodology to analyze data from participating organizations and produce insights across three key areas: representation, workplace experiences, and programs and policies. In 2018, 80 organizations participated in Top Companies, representing more than 628,000 technologists across industry verticals including hardware and software, business services, consulting, financial services, insurance, media, research, and retail.
Steps to Complete your Submission
- Identify the primary and additional contacts for your organization.
- Map your organization’s job codes to the AnitaB.org definition of technical roles and career levels.
- Register for Top Companies beginning in Spring 2019.
- Gather your organization’s data for the current year (April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019) and prior year (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018).
- You can use this template to assist you in preparing your data.
- Complete payment for participation. Note: There’s no additional fee for AnitaB.org Partners.
- Enter your company’s data into the online submission portal.
- Submissions will open in Spring 2019.
- Review your submission data with your Executive Sponsor.
- Finalize your submission before the deadine.
Optional: Workplace Experiences Survey
While representation data is the foundation of this program, inclusive cultures are critical to keeping women at your organization and in the technical field. That’s why we have expanded the program to include a Workplace Experiences Survey as part of the Premium Package. While this dimension is optional, the 15 minute survey will allow you to hear directly from your technical women and men about their day-to-day experiences and will provide insight into how your technology culture compares to other organizations.
Listen to the Workplace Experience Survey Webinar to learn more about how we are enhancing the program this year, including an expanded time frame for this dimension.
Resources & Support
If you have questions while working on your submission, we encourage you to review our Frequently Asked Questions.
You can contact the Analytic Programs team at TopCompanies@AnitaB.org