ABI[dot]Local Meetups are organized by members of ABI[dot]Local community members. Meetups are an opportunity to meet other women technologists, gain new insights into career opportunities and transitions, and grow your network in an informal setting.
Women technologists and male advocates at supporting organizations.
Various venues depending on meetup type.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are good for more direct Meetups like presentations and panels
- Thursdays and Fridays are great for social gatherings like the Meet and Greet
- Saturdays and Sundays are perfect for longer, event-based Meetups (workshops or code-a-thons)
- Connect with local Systers and other women technologists
- Inspire women from the community
- Guide Systers and local women in computing in navigating through challenges at school, at work and sometimes at home.
- 2 hours max/flexible
- 5 min intro and staging
- 15 mins guest speaker (optional)
- 75 mins socializing (Can be more formal)
- Min 10 Max 25 attendees
Ideas for organizing Meetups:
- Celebration Anita Borg’s Birthday (January 17th) with +1 male advocate
- GHC Submission planning
- International Women’s Day (March 8th)
- Girls ICT Day (April)
- Navigating your way at GHC
- Grace Hopper’s Birthday (December 9th)
- Meetups are self organized and informal
- Any cost are covered by attendees/participants