A good venue sets the tone for your AnitaB.org Regional Hub event. Securing a venue can be one of the most expensive elements of en event, so AnitaB.org always encourages organizers to look first at a venue donation. Here are some general guidelines to follow when looking for a venue :
- Easily accessible via public transportation or parking options available
- Reasonable access to building (no high security buildings)
- Ensure your venue has the appropriate capacity for the target number of attendees
- Set up can vary but make sure to consider there should be an area for small group networking and a seated area for listening to the speaker. It could be tables and chairs for small group networking, high tables for cocktail- style reception, etc.
- Supplies: depending on activities – whiteboards, dry erase markers, notepads, projector/screen, microphone/podium, name tag stickers, laptop/printer for registration purposes, pens, pencils, etc.