Understanding the Scope of the Event
- Needs Assessment
- Purpose statement of the event – why we need this event?
- Identify the Stakeholder – who has a direct interest in the outcome of the event? Stakeholder categories could be: Sponsoring organizations, Community Supporter, Industry and Academia Leaders, Participants
- Sponsor Expectations
- What the Sponsor or sponsoring organization expects to achieve through this event?
- Preliminary Budget/P&L Development
- Factor $ impacts: location, venue, date, projected participant numbers, speaker costs. (See Logistics Rules)