Social Impact Abie Award
The Social Impact Abie Award recognizes those making a positive impact on society as a whole via technology. Nominees may have developed technology that caused social change or empowered underrepresented peoples.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on the main stage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize.
Past winners of this award include:
Submissions Close on March 7 at 5 p.m. PT.
The award winner has helped create or implement a disruptive technology that expands opportunities for women and improves the quality of life within society. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Technology Impact on Society: What is the type and degree of social change created by the nominee’s technology?
- Technology Value and Growth Potential: Can the nominee continue to develop and expand impact of the technology?
- Nominee’s Technical Role & Involvement: What has been the nominee’s level of involvement in developing or implementing the technology?
- Nominee’s Impact on the Community of Women Technologists: How has the nominee deliberately acted to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology?
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)