Social Impact Abie Award
Opportunities for Award Recipient
- The recipient is honored at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to the Abie Award Ceremony on the Mainstage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have a few speaking engagements throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- Trip to GHC (Includes lodging, GHC registration, and a stipend for travel and expenses during the event)
- Additionally, recipients will receive $15,000.
Nominees have helped create or implement a disruptive technology that expands opportunities for women and non-binary people and improve the quality of life within society. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Technology Impact on Society: What is the type and degree of social change created by the nominee’s technology?
- Technology Value and Growth Potential: Can the nominee continue to develop and expand the impact of the technology? What would be the ideal impact in 5 years and how does the nominee plan to get there?
- Technical Role & Involvement: What has been the nominee’s level of involvement in developing or implementing the technology?
- Impact on the Community of Women and Non-Binary Technologists: How has the nominee deliberately acted to increase women and non-binary’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology?