Case Studies & White Papers

We work to provide support and resources to support women in the technical workforce.

Keep up on the latest research on how your organization can create diverse workforces and foster cultures where women technologists can advance in their careers. Read our insights into closing the gender gap in the industry.


Case Studies

Case Title Abstract
PwC: Professional Services for the Future

October 2019

PwC’s Global New Products and Services team and PwC’s New Ventures team are two examples within PwC’s vast professional solutions that illustrate the firm’s leadership in redesigning professional services for the future.
Capital One: Closing the Diversity Gap

October 2019

Roughly 56% of women leave the technology industry by the mid-level point in their careers. These women are often driven out of a promising career in tech by a number of factors including institutional barriers and gender bias. Our question is: What about the other 44% who stay in tech?
Coursera: Inclusive Products with Data Science

October 2019

The journey to building inclusive products starts with understanding the status quo and uncovering where we can do better. Easy access to high quality data — including socio-demographic data — is a central ingredient. At Coursera, data engineers collect, curate, standardize, and make available critical data to understand the status quo. This includes building demographic features such as gender into its core data lake.
Toward Greater Representation and Equity in Tech

March 2019

To increase access to Grace Hopper Celebration, piloted a program to offer complimentary registrations to women of color from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups. A pre- and post-survey were administered to over 700 women who attended in order to understand more about the challenges they face and what they need to stay in the field.
Technical Executive Forum Lightning Talks and Roundtable Discussions

March 2019

Check out the Lightning Talks and Roundtable Discussions given at the 2018 Technical Executive Forum (TEF), and learn how you and your organization can drive change in the tech field.

White Papers

Paper Title Abstract
Advancing Women Technologists Into Positions of Leadership

April 2017

The lack of advancement of women technologists is staggering: the representation of women technologists declines by 50% from entry to mid to senior and executive levels. In Advancing Women Technologists Into Positions of Leadership, researched, curated, and developed strategies proven to help organizations advance women technologists into positions of leadership and influence.
Innovation By Design

March 2014 released a report highlighting the advantages companies gain from including women on their teams. The report, Innovation by Design: The Case for Investing in Women report details research findings over the past decade from leading organizations and academics that demonstrate the advantages companies realize by improving the balance of women in the workforce.
Women Technologists Count

December 2013

This paper highlights recommendations to retain women in computing. examines peer-reviewed academic and industry studies, as well as information and best practices from the Top Company Award initiative.
Solutions to Recruit Technical Women

December 2012

Designed to help companies overcome blind spots in recruiting and hiring practices, this report provides solutions for companies across four themes that correspond to each blind spot: recruitment avenues, recruitment practices, the hiring process, and overarching considerations.
Climbing the Technical Ladder

December 2008

 Climbing the Technical Ladder explores the reasons women in computing are represented at substantially lower levels than men and leave technical positions at twice the rate. This seminal research conducted by in 2008 documents the obstacles women face and potential solutions.
Contact Us

Have a question? We can help.

Contact Us

Check out opportunities and start your career at the

View Opportunities
Media Inquiries

Send us any media inquiries and speaker requests.

Inquire Today