Board of Trustees Student Nominations
women and non-binary technologists?
Two student members — one graduate and one undergraduate — serve on our Board to help us cultivate the next generation of nonprofit board leaders while also helping us connect, inspire, and guide women in technology.
Learn more about how you can nominate an undergraduate or graduate student (or yourself) for this position.
NOTE: The selected student must be available to attend their first Board of Trustees meeting on Friday, August 22, 2022, held virtually between 8:00 am – 2:00 pm PT.
- Practical experience to help them better understand strategic and tactical issues facing nonprofit boards
- Insight into the differing roles of Board members and the AnitaB.org executive team, as well as the challenges both parties encounter in driving the success of the organization
- A broader network that can contribute to professional growth in academia and beyond
- Different perspectives and richness from a broader demographic range
- Community outreach into universities, increasing the Board’s circle of contacts
- Engagement with the next generation of leaders committed to our mission
Expectations of Students
- Serve a two-year term that begins September 1 and ends August 31 of the second year
- Attend three Board meetings a year; locations to be determined
- Join at least one Board committee
- Resign your membership by August 31 of the second year
This year, we will accept nominations for undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of their gender identification.
Students are encouraged to nominate themselves and/or their peers.
A committee comprised of selected members of the AnitaB.org community (typically former student board members) will review and evaluate all nominations.
Our Executive and Nominating & Corporate Governance Committees will select one student for each position to present to the Board.
The Board will formally vote to elect the student for a term of two years.
Timeline of Important Dates & More Details
|March 31||AnitaB.org CEO distributes a call for undergraduate and graduate student nominations to the Trustees, Advisory Board, and selected members of the academic community. We also post this call in our newsletter, webpage, and social media.|
|May 19||Close date for student nominations|
|Late May – Early July||Review and selection of top five (5) undergraduate candidates and top five (5) graduate candidates by the Student Trustee Selection Committee.|
|Late May – Late June||Interview scheduling and interviews of final candidates by Selection Committee.|
|Early July||Selection committee deliberations; final recommendations made to Nominating and Governance Committee.|
|Mid-July||The top-ranked students for both positions are notified of their selection and arrangements will be made for them to attend their first board meeting on August 22, from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT.|
|August 22||Students attend the AnitaB.org Board Meeting, held virtually, where the full Board formally votes to elect the student for the term of two (2) years.|
Please contact TrusteeNominations@AnitaB.org if you have any questions.
At AnitaB.org, we envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it.LEARN MORE
In 1987, Dr. Anita Borg started a digital community for women in computing. That community is now a leading organization for women in technology.Our History
Our Events & Programs
We provide many opportunities for women to connect with each other, with companies and with leaders in technology.LEARN MORE
Our Research & Impact
We measure what matters. Read our insights into closing the gender gap in the industry.LEARN MORE
Learn more about the people and organizations who help us in our mission to promote women in tech.LEARN MORE