Pass It On Awards
The Systers Pass It On Awards Program, established by AnitaB.org, aims to support women technologists in building a community that promotes the advancement of women in computing. Through a cash prize, the program provides funding to women who are currently engaged in or wish to engage in computing-related projects that inspire and assist women around the world. Recipients of the award are encouraged to "pass on" the knowledge and benefits they receive, creating a network of women who support one another.
AnitaB.org's commitment to promoting diversity and providing equal opportunities is reflected in this year's PIO Award, which includes a $1,000 prize and a ticket to the 2023 Grace Hopper Celebration.
Applications for the award will be open from May 1st to June 12th at 5 p.m. PT (8 p.m. ET).
The award is available to any woman over the age of 18, though she must be in or aspiring to be in the computing field. We encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including but not limited to:
- Assistance with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing
- May 1, 2023 – Application Open
- June 12, 2023 – Application Close
- July 2023 – Award Winners are Announced
- September 2023 – Winners attend GHC 23
Want to support this network of women? You may donate online by clicking the donate button below. AnitaB.org and accepts all major credit cards.
You may also donate by mailing a check to AnitaB.org.
Attn: Systers Pass It On Awards
Anita Borg Institute
1650 South Amphlett Boulevard
San Mateo, CA 94402
Make checks payable to the Anita Borg Institute.
Email us at passiton@AnitaB.org.