Nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women and non-binary people in tech.
Opportunities for Award Recipient
- The recipient is honored at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to the Abie Award Ceremony on the Mainstage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have a few speaking engagements throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- Trip to GHC (Includes lodging, GHC registration, and a stipend for travel and expenses during the event)
- Additionally, recipients will receive $50,000.
Nominees are executive and/or senior-level technologists who inspire the technology community through outstanding technological contributions and remain committed to increasing the representation of women and non-binary people in tech. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to Technology: The nominee has demonstrated leadership by undertaking sustained technical work that covers important new ground. Consider the breadth, depth, and sustained nature of their work as a technologist and leader.
- Overall Impact: The technical contributions of the nominee have strongly impacted their industry or the society
- Impact on Women and Non-Binary Technologists: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women and non-binary people’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology.