2022 Abie Award Nominations are now closed
*This award is open to international women and non-binary technologists (non-U.S. residents) regardless of age or education level.
Representation of women in technology is a global issue. The Change Agent Abie Award honors an outstanding international woman (non-U.S. resident with an emphasis on developing countries) who created or expanded opportunities for girls and women in technology.
Nominations are encouraged for professional women regardless of their age or education level.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize of $15,000.
Past winners of this award include:
Nominations closed on March 7 at 5 p.m. PT.
- Demonstrate leadership within their communities
- Expand opportunities for and influence the careers of girls and women in technology
- Demonstrate social, cultural, and behavioral impact on advancing women’s participation in technology
- Recognized locally and are able to make gender and technology a regional/national issue
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
Want to be contacted when we open nominations for 2023?