Nominations are closed.
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you can nominate yourself for the Student of Vision ABIE Award. This award honors young women dedicated to creating a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for which they build it. Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The award includes a prize of $7,000.
Create a 1-3 minute original and creative video. The video should help viewers understand what your vision is for the future of students like you. Check out our guidelines for more details.
The Student of Vision ABIE Award recognizes and celebrates an undergraduate or graduate student who has a unique vision of how technology innovation can solve important problems, and how inspiring more women in technology enables meaningful innovation.
The Student of Vision is passionate about impactful technologies or inspires others to help build them.
At AnitaB.org, we believe technology innovation powers the global economy, and that women are crucial to building technology the world needs. What’s your perspective?
We seek productions that bring to life your vision and pose unique, thought-provoking ideas.
Each submission will be judged by the selection committee on:
- The extent to which the video inspires, teaches or demonstrates the vision in a memorable way
- Showcases the potential of technology
You will need to submit:
- At least two letters of reference, one of which is from one of your professors
- Recommenders should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which the endorser can attest to and place in context.
- Your biography (maximum of 500 words)
- CV or resume
- Horizontal high resolution photograph of yourself (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- Description of your video submission (maximum of 800 words)
- Low-resolution video. Please provide a URL or upload a low resolution version of your video in MP4, MPG, MOV, or AVI format. Selected finalists must provide a HD ProRes Video with a 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
- January 25, 2017: Nominations open
- March 8, 2017 5 p.m. PT: Deadline to submit nominations