Nominations are now open. Submit a nomination today!
*This award is open to Executive/Senior Level Technologists.
The Technical Leadership Abie Award is our most prestigious award and celebrates a woman who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society. Eligible nominees must work on projects that require deep technical knowledge and must demonstrate a commitment to increasing the representation of women in technology.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on the main stage at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize of $50,000.
Past winners of this award include:
- Dr. Rebecca Parsons, CTO of ThoughtWorks
- Diane Greene, CEO of Google Cloud; Board Member of Alphabet; and Former CEO of VMware
Who Should Apply
This award is open to executive and senior-level technologists, including:
- Technical leaders with responsibility for organization-wide technology strategy or expertise and/or high-level functional responsibility for a technical product, as well as executive-level individual contributors.
- Technical leaders who may reside outside of the “technical career path” or R&D/Engineering function, but manage technical employees and the delivery of technical products, lead technical development, project teams, divisions, and organizations, and/or have deep technical knowledge/specialization.
- July 29, 2019: Nominations open
- January 8, 2020: Nominations close at 5 p.m. PT
The award is presented to a woman technologist who inspires the women’s technology community through outstanding technological contributions. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to technology: The nominee has demonstrated leadership by undertaking sustained technical work that covers important new ground. Consider the breadth, depth, and sustained nature of her work as a technologist and a leader in her field.
- Overall Impact: The technical contributions of the nominee have strongly impacted business or society.
- Impact on the community of women in tech: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology.
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)