2023 Abie Award Nominations will open soon!
The Technology Entrepreneurship Abie Award recognizes a woman or non-binary technologist who is the builder of an innovative, ground-breaking, and game-changing technology venture startup (within a larger organization or not).
They take direct responsibility for turning an idea into a profitable finished product through assertive risk-taking and innovation. They provide a strong role model for young women coming up the pipeline; they turn technologies into viable businesses, transform markets, and create change.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation at GHC.
- The award winner will also have multiple speaking opportunities throughout GHC on their work and accomplishments.
- All-expense paid trip to GHC.
- Cash prize of $15,000.
Past winners of this award include:
Nominations closed on March 7 at 5 p.m. PT.
Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Established track record: The nominee has demonstrated exemplary leadership traits by starting and operating a new business, turning technologies into viable startups, transforming markets, and creating change. They motivate employees and team members and have a tangible track record to show it. They demonstrate success at implementing or promoting technology, developing and deploying innovative products, creative processes, or new business models.
- Impact on the community of women in tech: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology. They work to support and develop the next generation of powerful entrepreneurs.
- Recognized role model: The nominee is broadly recognized as a role model, formally or otherwise.
You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
Want to be contacted when we open nominations for 2023?