The Anita Borg Systers Pass It On Awards honors Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping each other. The cash award helps fund women in computing or projects that inspire and support girls and women to enter computing. We encourage recipients to “pass on” the benefits they gain from the award, creating a movement of women helping women.
These awards are funded by generous donations from Systers, our online community founded by Anita Borg in 1987, and other members of the community.
Applications usually open in December and close in March. Any woman over 18 may apply, though she must be in or aspiring to be in computing fields. Awards range from $500 to $1,000 USD.
We encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including:
- Assistance with with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship
- Partial funding source for technical conferences
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing
Want to support this network of women? You may donate online through Paypal. Paypal is an authorized payment processor for AnitaB.org and accepts all major credit cards.
You may also donate by mailing a check to AnitaB.org.
Attn: Systers Pass It On Awards
Anita Borg Institute
1501 Page Mill Road, MS 1105
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Make checks payable to the Anita Borg Institute.