Nominations for 2018 are closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted!
Do you know or are you a student who is interested in promoting our mission and supporting women technologists? Submit a Student Nomination for the AnitaB.org Board of Trustees! Two student members serve on our Board to help us cultivate the next generation of nonprofit board leaders while also helping us connect, inspire, and guide women in technology. Learn more about how you can nominate a student (or yourself) for this position.
- Practical experience to help them better understand strategic and tactical issues facing nonprofit boards
- Insight into the differing roles of Board members and AnitaB.org’s executive team and the challenges both parties encounter in driving our success
- Inspiration to contribute as future Board members in the nonprofit sector
- Different perspectives and richness from a broader demographic range
- Community outreach into universities and increasing the Board’s circle of contacts
- Next generation of leaders committed to our mission
Expectations of Students
- Serve a two-year term that begins September 1 and ends August 31 of the second year.
- Attend three board meetings a year; two in the Bay Area and the third at the Grace Hopper Celebration. (NOTE: Lodging and travel costs to attend these three annual Board of Trustees meetings are covered by AnitaB.org.)
- Join one Board committee.
- Resign your membership by August 31 of the second year.
We will post a call for student nominations four to five weeks before nominations close. Please feel free to nominate yourself. We accept nominations from both grad and undergrad students, as well as from both men and women, with a slight preference for women.
A committee comprised of selected members of AnitaB.org’s academic community (typically former student board members) will review and evaluate all nominations. Our Executive and Nominating & Corporate Governance Committees will select one student to present to the Board. The Board will formally vote to elect the student for a term of two years.
Nominations for 2018 are closed.
See the timeline below for important dates and more details.
|April 30||AnitaB.org’s CEO distributes a call for student nominations|
|June 15||Close date for student nominations|
|June 18—29||Academic review of nominations|
|July 9||Review and Selection of top three (3) candidates by Executive and Nominating and Governance Committee, and selection of Interview Committee|
|July 16—31||Interview of top three (3) candidates by Selection Committee|
|August 17||One (1) student is chosen to join the Board at the Joint Executive/Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee Meeting based on the recommendation|
|August 20-31||Nominating and Governance Committee Chair will notify the nominator and student of selection to the Board for a two-year term on the Board to commence Sept. 1 2018 – Aug. 31, 2020. They will receive a call from the CEO with the student board member.|
|September 28||Student attends the AnitaB.org Board Meeting at the Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston, TX where the full Board formally votes to elect the student for the term of two (2) years|