PALO ALTO, Calif. & BRISBANE, Australia–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Global nonprofit AnitaB.org announces the Call for Participation and scholarship applications are now open for the Hopper Down Under which will take place in Brisbane, Australia, July 29-31, 2019.
Hopper Down Under is modeled after the AnitaB.org Grace Hopper Celebration. Aimed to empower women technologists in the Asia-Pacific, it brings together women technologists at all levels to build relationships, learn, and advance their careers.
“The inaugural Hopper Down Under will support and inspire women technologists to break boundaries and transform the world of technology,” said Co-Chair Dr. Sue Keay, Research Director Cyber-Physical Systems, CSIRO’s Data 61. “Through the establishment of a local AnitaB.org community, we want to raise the profile of women in technology, encourage young women to consider careers in tech, and give companies in the region the venue to showcase their diversity, equity, and inclusion credentials and a resource to recruit for diversity.”
The two-day event will include presentations, panels, workshops and posters. There are six conference tracks, including:
- Research – Sessions discussing the latest technology trends and research results, novel tools, practical experiences, and technical challenges.
- Career & Leadership – Provides a platform for attendees to learn and discuss a wide variety of topics to help support one another and advance their careers.
- Technology – Technical sessions designed to discuss latest trends, technical innovations, research papers, and new applications related to emerging technologies.
- Product – Sessions focused on theoretical foundations, practical implementations, novel applications, and open source efforts in emerging technologies.
- Education – Presentations on education’s instrumental role in enabling the next generation to take their place as future tech leaders.
- Poster – Gives the opportunity to informally present research to Hopper Down Under attendees and experts in the field.
Find out more about Hopper Down Under call for participation, including a step-by-step guide to submitting a proposal, here. Submissions close on April 17 at 5 p.m. AEST.
Hopper Down Under scholarships will provide funds for undergraduate students and graduate students to attend the event. Scholars who attend the event gain access to career workshops, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime. Learn more about our Scholarships program here. Applications close on April 17 at 5 p.m. AEST.
Registration opens in May 2019. For more information on sponsorships, please email BusinessDevelopment@AnitaB.org.