Student of Vision Abie Award Guidelines
Nominations are closed. Ready to create your Student of Vision video? Read these guidelines first:
- Limit of one submission per individual.
- All submitting participants must be 18 years or older by October 1, 2019.
- Participants submitting may be from any nation and attending an academic institution in any country.
- All submitting participants must be currently enrolled in an academic institution, including postdoctoral candidates.
You must be a full time student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of the conference (October 1, 2019). Those graduating prior to GHC are not eligible unless accepted to another related degree program (such as a M.S. or doctoral program).
- You must submit your video’s URL or a low-resolution version of your video in MP4, MPG, MOV, or AVI format. The winner will be required to provide a HD ProRes Video with 16×9 aspect ratio, so the video should be shot in that format.
- Videos must be either scientific (demonstrating technology innovation aspects) or showcase educational efforts (broadening the participation of women).
- You can enhance your video with audio, animations, or annotations, if desired. You can create your video with a wide range of formats including, but not limited, to live action, animation, and PowerPoint.
- Feel free to present your video in a fun, artistic, surprising, or unusual way.
- Include only original work, appropriately attributed Creative Commons materials and license-free media.
- All video submissions must be one to three minutes each. We cannot accept anything outside of this range.
- All submissions must be in English and use English voice over and/or written text if included as elements of the submission. All non-English language videos must be sub-titled in English. Format your video to accommodate close-captioning.
- All videos are submitted on the basis that they may be used by AnitaB.org for promotional purposes in any form.
- You must provide a HD ProRes video with 16×9 aspect ratio. We cannot accept other types of files.
Your personal information (name, location, etc.)
- One landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of you
- At least two letters of reference (one of them coming from one of your professors) in PDF format
- Your resume/CV
- Your biography
- Title of Video Submission
- Description of Video Submission (Maximum 800 words)
- We will present the 2019 Student of Vision Abie Award to the student chosen by the Selection Committee, composed of past award winners and finalists, and other AnitaB.org community members.
- The Selection Committee’s decision will be final, and no discussion will be entertained.
- We will announce the award winner early August 2018.
- AnitaB.org will bring the honoree to the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) in Orlando, FL.
- AnitaB.org will award a $10,000 USD cash prize to the winning individual. This payment may not be divided among multiple contributors.
- We will present the prize at GHC 19 on the main stage.
- A student who has won the award is not eligible to win again for a period of two years.